[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi
>
> This is with regards to thunderbird (mozilla mail client).
> 1. Is it possible to import the data (pop mails, address book etc)
> available on thunderbird running in a windows machine into thunderbird
> running on gnu/linux
>
> and 2. Vice versa from gnu/linux into Windows

I did this long back and I think I was able to do it successfully (if my
bad memory serves me correctly).  The point being, make a backup of your
emails before doing the steps outlined below.

- First find your profile folder -
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder#Thunderbird

- Close the thunderbird

- Copy the complete profile folder

- Move it to your ~/.thunderbird folder in you Linux box.

- When you start thunderbird for the first time, it will start using the
profile

If it does not, please post back to this mailing list with the complete
error message

--
Raj Shekhar                        Y!IM : lunatech3007
blog : http://rajshekhar.net/blog  home : http://rajshekhar.net