Hi!

I have more or less confirmed ISI as a potential venue for this month's
meet. ISI or Indian Statistical Institute is near Katwaria Sarai, South
Delhi, right next to Qutub Hotel on the main road itself.

A room will be provided with adequate seating of about 60 people. There
will be provision for a projector for laptops.

During my initial contact, I wasnt very clear about the purpose of the
LUG meeting, and unfortunately the impression that went across was that
it was a private meeting. Accordingly, I was told that there might be a
cost factor (at max Rs. 1k) to pay for the staff who would work overtime
on that day (cleaning, water and stuff).

Later when i explained that it was actually an open-to-public
educational meet (no smirks!), people were more friendly and I was told
that ISI would absorb the cost of hosting totally.

For those coming for kachoris: Snakes would be our headache though. So
we will have to pool in money and someone will have to go across to get
them from the nearby market.

Unfortunately this is vacation time for ISI students. So no ISI students
will be able to make it. Some faculty members will be there though. The
professor I have been in touch with wished we had held it sometime after
their students came back, and I assured him that we can hold it at their
campus later too.

One last thing that is expected from us is an official mail from ILUGD
detailing the purpose of the meet, who all are expected to
attend(basically tell them that anybody and everybody interested in
Linux is invited), the number of likely attendees, and the agenda of
that day - I mean the talks that are going to take place.

So now I am going to hand over the mike to our belowfed General
Secretary for the rest ... :-P

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya  *    Puroga Technologies   *     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Work: http://www.puroga.com  *   Home/Blog: http://www.sandipb.net/blog

PGP/GPG Signature: 51A4 6C57 4BC6 8C82 6A65 AE78 B1A1 2280 A129 0FF3