[Forwarding without prejudice -- Raju]

This is an RFC 1153 digest.
(1 message)

From: Arun Mehta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Raj Mathur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Linux-based software for smart searches
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 13:36:23 +0530

Hi Raj, Please forward this to the Linux-Delhi list:

As you know, I am a programmer with experience in the MS Windows world,
and have been developing free and open source software, see for instance
  http://holisticit.com/eLocutor/elocutorv3.htm, and am now taking my
first steps in developing software for the Linux platform.

I have received an enquiry asking if I wish to participate in a project
to apply sophisticated word disambiguation technology that was developed
some years ago, in C++, for the Linux and Solaris platforms. This is, of
course, considerably smarter than simple keywords, and could potentially
be used for a large variety of applications. The owners of the software
do not have plans at present to make the software open source.

I need some help in installing this software and checking to see whether
the technology is worth something (which I think it is, otherwise I
would not be wasting my time). Is someone knowledgeable in Linux,
preferably also in C++, willing to spend some time with me, looking at
the software? I think half a day should suffice. Ideally, the person
should live not too far away from Lajpat Nagar in South Delhi.

At the moment, I cannot pay fancy rates, since the money will come out
of my own pocket. However, if we like the software, then we expect to
receive a large and very interesting software project, in which I will
be happy to involve whoever helps me now, at market rates.

Anyone who is interested, please contact me off-list, since I am not
subscribed to it. You should also be willing to sign a non-disclosure
agreement.

Arun Mehta, B-69, 2nd Floor, Lajpat Nagar - I, New Delhi -- 110024 phone
+91-11-29817007 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.holisticit.com www.indatportal.com www.radiophony.com
www.india-gii.org/wiki

End of this Digest