Hi

Thanks

something worked but I am not sure its a reliable method.
First I reinstalled mozilla mail , then I made the different accounts
(but was offline) , after all the settings I copied back from the back
up folders the specific files like pop.gmail-1.com to exactly where a
similar one for the same account was , I restarted the email client and
it was there.

And I had to do this for each and every account and feature that I had
used - for password managers, address books, filters etc.

I all worked in the end but I don't think it was an efficient way,
though I learnt some along the way.

However , if a new version is being installed - then it picks up the the
exiting data pretty easily.

Thanks
and my infinitesmal wisdom just grew a bit ;)
ram