Viksit Gaur wrote:
> The stress on Public
> arises from the so called competition between Linux
> Asia and Linux Bangalore, and how the respective LUGs
> are at loggerheads with each other , ideologically or
> otherwise.

LA and LB? There is a competition? I had no clue, honestly. I dont see
how either - there are too few Linux based events happening in the
country, and my feeling is that the more the better!

> A popular opinion out there is that ilugd refuses to
> cooperate and work with BLUG simple because they want
> to snuggle up to LA and thus avoid LB. And, again LA
> seems not to have enough support in Bangalore because
> of the vendors there cowering in fear of alienating
> LB.

Snuggle up to LA? LA is a vendor-targetted meet where ILUGD is more of a
 "guest" given certain lollipops to stay happy. How many ILUGD members
feel emotionally attached to LA anyway?

LB being more community based (from what I have read. I might be wrong
coz' I have never been there), it is a world apart in the first place.
Have people working out these conspiracy theories ever considered
distance and cost to be a factor? Four days to-and-fro travel by train
for a three day meet? or big bucks for a return flight?

For most people regional events are more suitable, and feasible. We need
more events througout the country, not consolidation of events.

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya  *    Puroga Technologies   *     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Work: http://www.puroga.com  *   Home/Blog: http://www.sandipb.net/blog

PGP/GPG Signature: 51A4 6C57 4BC6 8C82 6A65 AE78 B1A1 2280 A129 0FF3