On 7/21/05, Ramnarayan.K <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I need help in setting up an external modem on Ubuntu Hoary- on a laptop,
> The Laptop seems to know that there is at /dev/ttySO but I have no
> idea how to get it to connect to the ISP.

Some confusion on Ubuntu or Debian.
For Ubuntu use menu System>Administration>Network. Click on modem and
enter details of connection and modem device. AFAIK this should do it.
--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux

  • ... Sudev Barar
    • ... विवेक ऐय ्यर விவெக ஐய்யர் Vivek Iyyer
      • ... Ramnarayan.K
        • ... Sharad Birmiwal
        • ... विवेक ऐय ्यर விவெக ஐய்யர் Vivek Iyyer
          • ... Ramnarayan.K
            • ... Ramnarayan.K
              • ... Naresh Narang
              • ... विवेक ऐय ्यर விவெக ஐய்யர் Vivek Iyyer
              • ... Vivek Kapoor
              • ... Ankur Rohatgi