On 7/21/05, Sudev Barar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 7/20/05, satyakam goswami <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Jul 20 09:12:11 sudev usb.agent[9710]:      visor: already loaded
> > > Jul 20 09:12:16 sudev kernel: usb 1-1: hald timed out on ep0in
> > > Jul 20 09:12:51 sudev last message repeated 7 times
> > > ENDQUOTE:
> > With the output all i can make is you connected and disconnected the cable,
> > FC3 has 2.6.x kernel
> > and you think udev is the culprit , with my experineces  with cables from
> > Nehru place these cables
> > gave me different device names in 2.6.9 kernel.
> >
> > like cable from one lot gave me /dev/ttyUSB0 and the cable from other makes
> > /dev/ttyACM0
> >
> > next time we meet i would love to try my cable on your phone and my laptop
> > and all those
> > permutations will give us some more info to troubleshoot.
>
> Read about this problem so went out and spent 1200 on RWorld cable.
> Now the phone totally powers off!! Earlier it would get hung with
> message "usbdc.c  0350" on the phone screen and had to powered off and
> on.
>
> Are we meeting on 31st as Mary announced a meet?
>
> Will try Raj's suggestion of usb-serial convertor.
> --
> Sudev Barar
> Learning Linux

This worked for me
1, Edit blacklist by comand:
$sudo vi /etc/hotplug/blacklist
and add the following line at the end of this file:
visor

2. Make sure you do not have visor module already loaded by:
$sudo /sbin/lsmod | grep visor
If it is there then remove it by command:
$ sudo /sbin/rmmod visor

3. Attach your Reliance Samsung phone to usb cable and run:
$sudo /sbin/lsmod | grep acm
This should show module cdc_acm loaded

4. Now configure your Reliance connection using modem path as /dev/ttyACM0

--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux