Hi Dudes and Dudettes,

Even though you may not be aware of it, a lot of work has been going
on behind the scenes for Freedel.

What?  You weren't even aware of Freedel?  Oh... Freedel is our
(ILUG-Delhi's) Linux and FLOSS event due to be conducted in September.
We're hoping to get 2 days of seminar and workshops together for
industry and students, along with demonstrations of technologies and
the usual fun.

OK, what's been happening?

- - Most important: We have partnership with and sponsorship from PHD
Chambers of Commerce and Industry for Freedel.  This means that PHDCCI
will be sponsoring the location and infrastructure.  PHDCCI is located
near the Asiad Village, behind Hauz Khas.

Sudev Barar has done all the hard work to talk to PHDCCI and get them
to agree to the sponsorship.  Thanks, Sudev!

- - The dates for the event are fixed for September 17 and 18 (Saturday
and Sunday).

- - We have a huge list of tasks to do!  The list is partly made, and
more tasks will be added as we get closer to the event.

- - Mary, Kishore, Vivek Iyyer, Kapil, Sudev, Viksit, others -- all
these people have been coming forward with suggestions and shouldering
responsibilities like men^H^H^H dependable members of the human race
(my lawyer tells me I gotta be more politically correct :) They have
also been consuming momos, kulfis, chilli paneer and wicked brownies
like there's no tomorrow, but that's neither here nor there.

Next Steps:

Let's work out what we can demo, what we can present, who's got
contacts where, etc.  If you're interested in contributing to the
Freedel effort in any way, or just want to watch the fun, please come
to the Freedel meeting on Saturday.  All are invited!

Agenda:        Freedel Meeting