On Thu, August 11, 2005 16:00, Manish Popli said:
> no  i m not able to do that can u tell me step by step......
> i gotta this result.....
> .
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ramesh]# ssh -X devzone
> ssh: devzone: Name or service not known
>
> Manish Popli

devzone is the name of the host. if you don't have your dns configured or
/etc/hosts file is not updated and are not able to even ping devzone then
you will need to use the IP Address

read the ssh manpage by typing

man ssh

if your username is thomas and your machine's IP address is 192.168.1.1
then you will type

ssh [EMAIL PROTECTED] -XC

X parameter is used for forwarding and C is used for compression

it'll be better that you start working on your linux system and get
comfortable with it before attempting to do other more complicated things.
 cvs replication (as mentioned in one of your mails) would be something
difficult to achieve if you're not familiar with your machine

| vivek  *  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  *  http://exain.net |
|        Registered Linux User: #305493            |