--- "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> >Nitin Chandra wrote:
> >
> >--if i may add the fourth option
> >
> >where by women can accept men as they are and STILL
> >come forward and make a difference rather than "be
> in
> >the stand and comment".
> >

> Well thats the standard arguement " accept us as we
> are ".
> So one is not expected to change for the better.
>

> men are abusive so let them be - accept them as they
> are
> men can harass women - accept that
> men can use crude and filthy language - accept that.
> Men are wife / women beaters - so let them be -
> accept them as that

Well if the context of my statment is not understood
by some people who are challanged....let me state for
the general also...my statment was specific to the
discussion of women on  th list. Unfortunately
understood beyond that.

> I wonder if you will take any form of filthy
> language thats aimed at
> your being, your sex, your caste your height or
> whatever. Esp if it
> comes from someone more powerful that you. Or if its
> been systemaic over
> the ages - centuries.

Been there experienced that.
Well I HAVE BEEN CATCALLED N WISTLED BY GROUP OF WOMEN
UNKNOWN TO ME , SO let not make those kind of
statments again. As from your statment i undestand
that women are so dammingly oppressed.....THAT IS your
understanding...MY BELIEF IS WOMEN HAVE EQUAL RIGHT TO
WORK AND PARTY.

> So patriarchy is okay - just as much as facism is
> okay. - **Really*
>
> ***Come on** - just go through the entire discussion
> and try and see
> whats been said.
>
> Make an attempt to understand, to see the issues
> involved.

Well this not the 1st time this topic has been raised
and then also i saw this discussion.

> and don't bellitle the one woman who has come
> forward to try and make a
> difference by saying she is "standing and
> commenting" - she's done
> enough to raise the issues. She's got a lot more
> guts than many men who
> are finding it difficult to understand that they may
> be doing something
> wrong, or are being insensitive and crude.

It is great that finally a women picked up an issue
which desperatly needs addressing ....as rightly said
...when 1 half of the people are not participating ,
how can there be an over all development.

> >Nitin Chandra wrote:
> >
> >So women can crib OR make a
> >difference to LUG as a whole group + Linux.
> >
> Who's cribbing - its a discussion and some points
> are being raised to
> try and make a difference to the LUG - a big
> difference.
>
> >My request and invitation is for women to accept
> men
> >as they are
> >
> >and step forward and play in then LUG
> >field and make an enormous difference.???
> >

> I thought it was some of the men who were asking why
> aren't there more
> women on this list. Maybe women don't need this list
> at all or they
> don't need to interact with the men that this list
> is showing up ???

Women just need to jump in and get the language
"barrier" resolved during the LUG meetings ....THAT is
what i am saying "by making a difference". AND PLEASE
DONT BE UNDER AN IMPRESSION THAT MEN WILL NOT STAND BY
THE WOMEN WHEN THESE ISSUES ARE RAISED. BE THERE AT
THE MEETING "TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE".

> May be you can make an enormous difference by
> understanding the issues
> that face women in  read and write educated indian
> society.

I see you deviated from the issue at hand ...of women
on the LUG.

Rather than contributing to the development of this
discussion for a permenant solution at hand u start
shredding other peoples comments. NOW this attitude is
keeping people away too. U dont understand some one's
statment request for clarification BEFORE u opine.

One does not know another individual to comment on
him.

Reg
Nitin Chandra Srivastava