in infinite wisdom Sandip Bhattacharya spoke thus on 08/31/05 13:26:

> Besides mediawiki being based on sql is probably going to scale better than
> moin which is flat file on disk based. This also means that moin is easier to
> backup, but that is not too big a point for moin.
>
> - Sandi

I tried running mediawiki once - it was extremely slow.  Granted, I was
running it on a shared web host and the database was shared between
mediawiki as well as mambo.  Hence you may have to look into caching
techniques (it is given in the mediawiki faq).

Another option you may want to look into is the Pmwiki-  it does not
require a database backend and is quite feature packed.
http://rajshekhar.net/content/view/24/26/

--
Raj Shekhar                        Y!IM : lunatech3007
blog : http://rajshekhar.net/blog  home : http://rajshekhar.net