At 2005-09-05 10:33:11 +0530, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> What are the best practices for directory structure for hosting
> multiple domains?

I tend to use directories like /var/www/www.foo.com, where the files are
owned by whichever user the domain belongs to, and often with a symlink
from the home directory (for convenience; of course, one might just as
well have the real directory under ~user and symlink from /var/www. I
prefer the former because it's backup-friendly).

I've also used an extra layer of indirection, such that the DocumentRoot
is set to /var/www/www.foo.com/root/, and www.foo.com also contains log
files for the VirtualHost. Log files could go in /var/www/logs/<domain>
or something as well.

I have not yet encountered a particularly compelling reason to prefer
any one organisation over another.

-- ams