Hi everyone,
I recently tried to salvage some important files from a friends Laptop
which had just crashed (previously running Windows XP) by booting from
the Ubuntu Warty Live CD and then connecting to the internet to mail
the files. He has MTNL Broadband which seemed to be working fine (I
tried pinging google.com) from the command prompt. But Firefox somehow
wasn't able to resolve the domain names and would get stuck at the
"connecting to www.google.com" stage. I tried typing the Google IP
address (66.249.89.104) and that worked fine but no links would work
on the page because again it would get stuck on the "connecting to
images.google.com" or something similar..

Running short of time he reformatted the hard disk and made the
reports again.. But I still haven't been able to figure out what could
have been the problem.. Any insights anyone?

- AJ