Hi

I have been using debian thunderbird 1.0.2 on a Ubuntu Hoary System
for a few months. I upgraded from thunderbird in Mandrake 10.1 CE. For
the past few days -thunderbird has been unable to download mails from
gmail. Further it does a lot of repeat downloads which clogs up both
time, bandwidth and precious space.

First the problem occurred in one gmail account , that got okay on its
own , now a second account is acting up - have checkied the settings
and everything seems okay.

any ideas of what could be wrong and how to rectify it

regards
ram