hi all

On 9/22/05, Abhijit Menon-Sen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> At 2005-09-22 13:25:15 +0530, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > though i'm relatively new to the gnu/linux world i feel there are
> > community members who need to have an introspection why they are
> > part of this community at all.
> >
> > philosophy is what drives this community according to me
>
> I'm afraid *you* don't get to decide why *other people* should or should
> not (want to) use free software. If you're in it for the philosophy, I'm
> surprised that your idea of freedom involves excluding people who don't
> believe the same things that you do.

freedom is all about doing what u want and beleive in.there are many other
forms of freedom and meaning of freedom can be misinterpreted as well.

> i'm very much confident that the day community begins dishonouring the
> > philosophy behind the free (free as in freedom) software movement, it
> > is going to have natural die.
>
> Then it must be dead already, because plenty of people don't give two
> hoots about the philosophy behind the "movement".

struggle of freedom has never been easy. whatever has been achieved by free
software movement till now was not a cakewalk.discouragement and hooting has
always been part of any movement.community is not yet dead because there are
still enough who believe in terms of free as in freedom not as in free beer.

> if someone thinks that promotion of free (free as in freedom)
> > software requires promoting non-floss [...] companies, i doubt
> > his/her credentiality.
>
> Fine. So you can personally choose to not participate in $event. But you
> don't get to decide anything on behalf of other people, or impugn their
> motives for wanting to participate.

where have i mentioned that i'm talking on behalf certain group of
people?i've the right to express my views and i'm just doing that.

regards
nipra

"live life ethically"