On Friday, 23 Sep 2005 09:47, Raj Shekhar wrote:

> A frequently asked question is "How can I run multiple ssl sites on a
> single IP".  The answer is "no, you cannot".  However, you can.  You
> will get the warning message that the SSL certificate does not match the
> web site you wanted to view.  See here for details
> http://www.onlamp.com/lpt/a/5629
>
> This can be useful if you are running phpmyadmin/squirrelmail/wiki/cms
> for your organization on the internet and you want to prevent contents
> from being sniffed and you have a single IP. Since this is for your
> internal use, it is OK to have the browser pop up the warning box.

... and since you are ok with the warning box anyway, you can use a self
signed SSL certificate. You can still create your own organization CA and
make everybody import its cert to eliminate "unrecognized CA" errors.

Save more money. ;)

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya  *    Puroga Technologies   *     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Work: http://www.puroga.com  *   Home/Blog: http://www.sandipb.net/blog

PGP/GPG Signature: 51A4 6C57 4BC6 8C82 6A65 AE78 B1A1 2280 A129 0FF3