On Tuesday, 27 Sep 2005 20:44, Komal wrote:
> Can you tell me what exact issues they have addressed? FC4 seems too
> bloated.

What do you mean by a distro which is bloated? If you want a lean install, do
a custom installation and select explicitly which packages you want to be
installed. In most cases, a 1 to 1.5GB install suffices for using FC4 as a
desktop. For workstations, you might need to install more libraries and
development tools which will take more space.

I use Kubuntu/Ubuntu too, and for similar requirements of a workstation have
had to download a lot of packages to get started. FC4 provides all that on
disk, and so does Debian.

In my case, in a recent install at one of my clients, FC4 wasnt working very
well with the display - switching to text-mode and back to X (Ctrl-Alt-Fn),
was causing display corruption. After the first round of updates (which
included the kernel and x.org) this problem disappeared.

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya  *    Puroga Technologies   *     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Work: http://www.puroga.com  *   Home/Blog: http://www.sandipb.net/blog

PGP/GPG Signature: 51A4 6C57 4BC6 8C82 6A65 AE78 B1A1 2280 A129 0FF3