Saurabh Nanda wrote:

> Simply issue the command given above once you plug-in the printer, and
> hotplug detects/initializes that a USB printer has been plugged-in.
> After you uploaded the firmware the printer should make some whirring
> noises and some LEDs should blink. If that is happening you are on the
> right track - you simply need to get the software/application level
> drivers working.
>
> Nandz.
> --
Well it did make some noises and stuff, it also responds to showing
paper out.

But.....

This is the result of the usb devices connected - where it is shown -
:~ # lsusb
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 004: ID 03f0:1317 Hewlett-Packard LaserJet 1005
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

Should I try and add a new printer all over again, because by default it
goes back to parallel port #1

ram