Raj there are multiple ways to operate via tcp wrappers. I still suggest you
to paste the tcp.smtp file.and more reason can be of number of concurrent
connection. If it reaches the max. value then it won't give you proper
connection or sometime break the connection. In that case also paste the
logs of the smtp and qmail.

more over are you also running qmail-scanner ( it has the module to auto
block features, just then merely scoring ) ?

Animesh.