On Sunday 23 October 2005 19:30, vivek khurana wrote:
[snip]
Firstly I think this email is unnecessarily aggressive, though I'll
assume that it wasn't meant to be so.

> Why avsap then? If we have to make accounting web
> based (which i think is useless) we should consider all the available
> options like sql ledger, weberp etc.  If this proposal is accepted,
> we will institutionalize the  method of maintaining accounts on web. So
> we have to ensure that someone from governing body takes on this charge.

>  Sorry, to say Keneth but this time I also feel that
> you are trying to make a sales pitch for avsap. Please

It sounds to me like a) he is giving the software away for free and b)
he is willing to take care of the hosting and security for free. So other
than promoting free software he has written, how is this a "sales" pitch?

Anyway I understand if you folks don't want to do web-based accounting
for ILUGD (I've personally no opinion on the matter since I'm not on
the board).  Also, it makes perfect sense to perform the necessary due
diligence before picking one of the web-based accounting apps. But to
belittle someone who has written one and is offering hosting, even before
the due diligence has taken place, just doesn't seem right to me.

-Taj.

PS. My primary motivator for writing this email is that I've looked at AVSAP
briefly and I think it's pretty cool, whether or not it is adopted by ILUGD.
I'm just surprised by Vivek's email.