On Tuesday, 29 Nov 2005 11:08 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Am facing two problems in Thunderbird 1.0.2 on Ubuntu Hoary (5.04)

Maybe you should check out Ubuntu backports for this. The thunderbird version
you are using seems quite old. Many bugs would have been squashed since then

> 1. After reading all the mails the in folder continues to show unread
> mails (*in bold and brackets*) they disappear some time later or
> sometimes remain till the next lot of mails get downloaded.

Yes, this was an old problem with Thunderbird. I saw this in their bug list
too. This might have been fixed lately. But I would not know (have shifted to
kmail).

> 2. The inbox takes a long time to load , after start up of Thunderbird.

How many mails do you have there? Have you tried compacting this mailbox?

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya  *    Puroga Technologies   *     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Work: http://www.puroga.com  *   Home/Blog: http://www.sandipb.net/blog

PGP/GPG Signature: 51A4 6C57 4BC6 8C82 6A65 AE78 B1A1 2280 A129 0FF3