Hi,
  I would suggest that you use LaTex to generate the document (CD). and  then
use latex2html to generate the html;   hyperlinking/crossreferences etc are all
available in LaTex.  www.ctan.org should give you more ideas.

"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi
Am reposting this mail , because am not sure if it reached the list the
first time (as there were no responses)

Was trying to figure out what all it takes to make an interactive CD.

Was Using Open Office writer / web to save pages as HTML and was
creating hyperlinks to a set of folders, images and other HTML pages.

So are there any guides to designing a simple interactive cd with the
following requistes

1. HTML based index pages

2. Images and links to bigger images

3. Links to Documents as PDF files (so how will the pdf files open)

and how to make sure that all these links work on the final cd

So what would be the simple tools and techniques that would help make /
design CD's. Is there a better software than OOo , but as simple.

Some of the problems I have faced till now are

1. Was trying to make a hyperlink to a pdf file in an HTMl file.

When I am editing the html file in open office and try and open the link
  to the pdf file I get the following error message.

"No Corresponding External Application could be found for the given file
type.
Please Check the Open Office.org settings"

But when I open the same link using a browser the link offers to open or
save.

2. After making hyperlinks I am unable to edit them

3. Some of the images I used in the HTML files are Jpeg and png ,
however when I copy the whole set of files to another location the png
images remain but the jpeg images show up as just a "small nothing
icon". So should I use only "png's"

Any solutions to this.

Will appreciate any pointers and advice

thanks

catch ya later (Ive gotta UnWire Life!!!)
  shiv