in infinite wisdom Manish Kathuria spoke thus on 12/28/05 13:08:

>>You can use mc to read pdfs.
>>

> I really doubt that it will work since PDF format is meant for GUI based
> viewing. You will not be able to view it in text mode. The program "mc"
> will only try to open the document through a PDF reader (xpdf, acroread,
> evince, etc.) and will fail to do so since there is no graphical display.

No, it works - mc has a pdf viewer, however you will not be able to see
the graphics in the pdfs.

Start mc and then move your cursor to the file you want to view.  Click
on F9 (which will bring down the pulldown menu).  Move to 'File>View
File' .  That will open up the pdf file in the mc itself.

--
          _.-,               raj shekhar
     .--'  '-._           http://rajshekhar.net