On Sunday 01 January 2006 20:20, Raj Mathur wrote:
[snip]
> I'd switch to amarok from XMMS, except I can't find a balance control
> anywhere.  Since my speakers are at not both at the same distance from
> where I sit, that's absolutely essential for me.  And no thanks, I
> don't need the volume control in my mixer :)

How often do you move your speakers that you need to keep changing the
balance? :)

I use the mixer applet in my panel, which I find much more convenient
than bringing up the player window (I use JuK) to modify vol/mix -
I just move my mouse to the applet and scroll the wheel up/down. The
global keyboard shortcuts are also a great help.

-Taj.