Dear Devendra,

> GNUnify 2006 is an event on FOSS organized by Symbiosis Institute of Computer
> Studies and Research (SICSR) and Pune Linux Users Group (PLUG).
>
> Call for speakers and attendees:
>
> Registration is now open for speakers for Techie Talks and Workshops. There
> are five streams - Embedded/Kernel, Using Linux desktops : Orientation to New
> Users , Programming and Development, System Administration and Education.

great that you have planned gnunify earlier this earlier, and that you
have initiated the call earlier. Hope this year around things are even
better managed. Loved the new logo of gnunify, very neat.

Had a proposal for a talk on Using Linux desktops:

1. Authoring Sound and Music on GnuLinux using Agnula Distribution.
This talk is based on the larger digital sound workshop i have been
conducting annually since the past two years. Specifically the talk
will cover topics like:
1. what is the agnula distribution, and its installation.
2. sound-editing concepts and tools, from audacity to ardour.
3. authoring drumming patterns and ethnic drunkits, including indian
percussion instruments.
4. designing sound and sound instruments.
5. adding special effects through ladspa plugins, and the overall alsa
and jack architecture.
6. calculating microtonal scales, ideal for indian classical and other
genres of world music.
7. sequencing software and composing multi-track recordings.
8. authoring, packaging, and publishing sound, kits, sound fonts, and
final tracks.
9. plus a few more topics, like sound server concepts, streaming,
architectures, etc.

you may check out some of the drumming sequences i've authored and
published at http://creative.linux-delhi.org

***

Orientation to New Users / Linux Desktops

The Century of OpenSource Medicines, Food, Literature, Knowledge, Culture.

This talk discusses the opensource movement beyond its traditional
domain of software. IT covers the importance of Indian ethnic
knowledge, the global public domain, challenges in medicine and world
heath, controversies in patents for intangible economy. Focusses on
what YOU can do as a lone individual.
A powerful talk that focusses on the roles of the TKDL project,
wikipedia, wiki technologies, the emerging role and discussions on the
creativecommons project, ibiblio, gutenberg, creative.linux-delhi.org
project, and more.
Call for action on redefining the role of Linux User Groups and GLUGS
in India to move from being focussed on techies & software, to move
towards becoming knowledge and cultural hubs of the new world.

If there's anything else you wish me to focus on, please let me know.

:-)