Hi,

I'm planning to purchase a laptop, which would be my new Linux box. I have a
lot of questions which I am listing below. It would be great if anyone could
help me with them -

o I read some articles about Linux running into troubles with Intel Centrino
based laptops -- especially the WLAN card. Can someone give me a first hand
account?
o Other factors remaining the same, there's a difference of about Rs 10k
between Celeron-M and Centrino based laptops. Is the gain in performance
worth the cost?
o AMD Sempron Mobile or Celerom-M?
o AMD Turion-64 or Centrino?
o Other than the Acer Aspire series, are there any AMD based laptops
available in India?
o From where can one get Lenovo R-Series in India? I couldn't find them on
the website.
o Acer, Compaq, Zenith, Lenovo, Dell -- any first hand experiences wrt
reliability, after-sales support, etc?
o Any specific recommendations or reviews of the laptop(s) that you have
purchased

I've read quite a few opinions online but most of them do not mention the
specific models available in India, or do not address the Linux
compatibility issue at all.

TIA
Nandz.
--