--- Suresh Ramasubramanian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 1. rack space costs (NAS / SAN devices typically have far lower form
> factor
> than if you try to run a bunch of fileservers across to a datacenter)

I was thinking more about the SOHO users before targeting big
companies.

> 2. out of the box and just works - most of the time. you don't have
> sacrifice white chickens and mutter incantations all the time like
> you
> would with a homecooked solution

If the technology is stable I don't see why it cant be achieved.

> 3. hot swappable modules in your NAS / SAN

Hmm I am not sure how easy it is have a custom built hot-swappable SCSI
drive based setup in Delhi. Of course the cabinet is the biggest
problem at the moment.

> 4. lots and lots more redundancy and failover built in
>
> 5. A SLA with your vendor that you can enforce if things turn out bad

If you have any plans for setting up a business I don't see a reason
why you shouldn't agree to have a SLA.

For me making money is not important. It is more of saving money for
personal use. I would like to be able to do it for the sake of doing
it.

Mithun