Hello,

 I am working to recover the data, i tried grep and dd method to recover the
data, i am able to recover the text of emails. is there any way, such i can
recover the complete files??? like, i am grepping to find a pattern, from that
getting the offset and then using dd on it, can i do the same but instead of
using pattern, i want to use filename.
 Say i have a file called nitin.txt, so i want to recover it as a whole, is
anything possible with it??

 I googled throughout the day, but didnt found any effective method? I did
tried some softwares and methods, but nothing worked out.

 Hope to hear from you guys. :)

 Regards,
 Nitin
Saurabh Nanda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: >
> I am ready to shed my pockets for my emails, but i want someone real
> expert who can do it. Is anyone of you know a real linux recovery expert?
> Also, how much will he charge??

If e-mails (text only) is your primary concern I *think* the following
solution might work:

o You have run mke2fs on the corrupted partition
o I am assuming that you have not yet written any fresh data on that
partition
o Which means that your data is still on the disk but is not logically
organized in files and directories anymore
o Run the following command on the partition and sift through *large*
volumes of data to recover your mail

root# cat /dev/hda7|strings|less

Disclaimer: Please don't blame me if this doesn't work. In case it does,
just pass on the 'pocket shedding' this side :-)

HTH
Nandz.
--
http://nandz.blogspot.com