--- "आशीष शुक्ला \"Wah Java !!\""
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi ilugd@lists.linux-delhi.org,

> aware of my RAID) but Linux sees both SATA hard disks. So if it
> was true hardware RAID, Linux should see only 1 SATA disk.

Basically most SATA RAID (including non onboard hardware) provide
software based RAID support. You can review the details here
http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Hardware/sata.html

Intel definitely gives a fakeraid or software based RAID support.

As the above URL will say if it costs too good to be true or is for
free then it probably isnt a proper hardware RAID support.

Mithun