Hi ilugd@lists.linux-delhi.org,
I want to boot TFTP across my firewall (setup using iptables). I've
blocked all UDP traffic except selective ones (which includes TFTP
Port 69 also). Although I'm not good into networking in Linux but
somehow I setup a firewall using Firewall-HOWTO.

The problem is I'm unable to boot my another PC via TFTP. The problems
in TFTP protocol.

1. Client sends TFTP request to server on port 69 over UDP.
2. Server replies to client but from a different port (chosen
randomly) say X over UDP.
3. And then subsequent TFTP requests from that client has to be sent
to port X over UDP.

Some articles are:
http://www.firewall.cx/tftp.php
http://www.unix.org.ua/orelly/networking_2ndEd/fire/ch17_02.htm
http://www.google.co.in/search?q=tftp+firewall

So, I don't want to open all my UDP ports. So is there any other way also ?

Thanx in advance,
Ashish Shukla alias Wah Java !!

Wah Java !!
--
Ashish Shukla "Wah Java !!"
आशीष शुक्ला

      \_/

My blah, blah, blah at http://wahjava.blogspot.com/
My webpages at http://www.geocities.com/wah_java_dotnet/

My GPG Fingerprint: BBA9 AD7D BA71 61EB BE46 8CF5 E44A C663 A03F 4261

--
Supercomputers are for people too rich and too stupid to design
efficient algorithms -- Steven Skiena, Department of Computer Science,