We had interesting talks from Klaus Knopper and Mark Shuttleworth at Ilugd meet
at India Habitat Centre. Late in the evening after the formal events, ILUGD
members met again for a detailed discussion on Student Mentorship Program.

I have been given the responsibility to pen a summary, which I am trying to the
best of my ability. Correct me wherever I am wrong.

Following is the summary of discussions:

Ilugd, in association with a couple other peer organisations is contemplating
to float a Student Mentorship Program. The Program is targeted for Final Year
Engineering Students who have to undertake a 6-month Industrial Training /
Student Project, as part of their curriculum. The current proposal scope is
limited to Students stationed in the NCR Towns: Delhi, Gurgaon, Faridabad,
NOIDA and Ghaziabad for completion of their project.

The Program aspires to bring awareness about FOSS Technologies to Engineering
Students. The Program envisages to bring innovative student projects of current
interest through a community driven process involving Industry, Consultants and
Academics. The Student Mentorship Program would be in the form of an internship
having provision for a consoldated stipend for the students and possibility of
payment to mentors as well. The scheme proposes to have a Guidance Committee
from Academics and FOSS Community. The Guidance Committee would finalise a list
of possible projects and help choose mentors for the same. Students would
finalise the exact details of the project with the mentors, with a timeline of
deliverables. The Guidance Committee would ensure adherence to pre-agreed scope
and progress as per plan. The Guidance Committee will also ensure healthy
mentor - student relationship.   The scheme provides for a peer evaluation of
Student Project at the end of stipulated duration
of six months.

Ilugd is alreay in advanced stages of finalising prospective mentors and
members of the guidance committee. This is expected to be finalised within two
weeks. A wiki for the scheme shall be put up at lug-delhi.org.

Members Present: (From my poor memory)

Raj Mathur, Kishor Bhargav, Sudev Brar, Gora Mohanty, Mary, G Karunakar and
others

Meet concluded around 8PM.

Comments and Suggestions are welcome.

Anand Shankar