Hi

I needed to upload some data via an ftp site.

Am using firefox ( the instructions say that we should use I.E 6 and above).

First I am supposed to be able to upload data by dragging a folder onto
this site and it would then copy the contents using FTP

I accessed this once and dragged the said folder across to copy to the
totally blank area - it showed activity for quite a while and then blank.

After this when I now try and access this site it asks for a username
and password - which it seems has not been enabled (meaning it should be
operational without these requirements)

To check what would happen if I used I.E I went to a Win XP machine and
everything worked as it was supposed to

The ftp site opened up and showed lots of data that had been uploaded. I
took me no time to upload my data and also it asked for no password etc.

***
So assuming this site was designed only for I.E could there have been a
way I could have transferred these files using a linux based machine and
  browser.

In the mean time I have to sit in front on windows and this time I am
wincing

ram