Hi,

On 3/19/06, Neeraj Arora <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Can anyone of you tell me how to undelete the files or folders deleted
> even from trash in Linux...like what we are having for the windows
> platform.

If the blocks have not been already overwritten by something else
after deletion, you can recover it using mc (ext2 only).

>From http://batleth.sapienti-sat.org/projects/FAQs/ext3-faq.html :
Q: How can I recover (undelete) deleted files from my ext3 partition?

Actually, you can't! This is what one of the developers, Andreas
Dilger, said about it:

In order to ensure that ext3 can safely resume an unlink after a
crash, it actually zeros out the block pointers in the inode, whereas
ext2 just marks these blocks as unused in the block bitmaps and marks
the inode as "deleted" and leaves the block pointers alone.

Your only hope is to "grep" for parts of your files that have been
deleted and hope for the best.

 Silver MoonDragon

Shakespeare (Playwright) -- To be or not to be.
Nietzsche (Philosopher) -- To do is to be.
Sartre (Novelist) -- To be is to do.
Sinatra (Singer) -- Do be do be do.