Hi Guntupalli Karunakar,

Guntupalli Karunakar wrote:
> use this,
> http://indicime.mozdev.org/
> it gives a toolbar to select languages & keyb layouts for input.

A good tool for typing in Indic scripts. But, I've a problem using it, the
transliteration style (or standard) used by this IME is bit different from the
style used in indic input methods provided with SCIM or IIIMF.

The way this input method hooks into the Firefox input subsystem is via a
attaching a handler for keyPress event. And then it translates all the key
events. So, what if someone provides a native extension X which captures all
keypress events and forwards it to the desired native input method, and the
desired native input method then translate that keycode and returns it back to
the plugin X. The plugin X then will then forward the translated text to the
Firefox text component. And plus it can also provide a input method selection
menu in context menus of text component.

BTW, I'm on Firefox 1.0.4 (not 1.5), so this might already be implemented in
1.5. I don't know about that.

> this may also interest you.
> http://padma.mozdev.org
> shows many non-unicode indic websites on firefox.
>
> Karunakar

Thanx
Ashish Shukla

P.S. BTW what is "WX" in "WX (Phonetic)" ?
--
आशीष शुक्ला alias "Wah Java !!"
http://wahjava.blogspot.com/

The only key to optimal life is precision.

                                -- Ashish Shukla "Wah Java !!"
                       http://wahjava.blogspot.com/2006/03/useful-thought.html