It seems like attachment is not working properly. So, I am pasting the
documentation here....
                        SETUP CVS REPOSITORY
1. First of all create a directory
        mkdir -p /cvsroot/repository
Please note that this is the root directory which I am using in our case.
But
it can be anything

2. vim /etc/xinetd.d/cvs
 Add the following lines in this file --
service cvspserver
{
        disable = no
        port                    = 2401
        socket_type             = stream
        protocol                = tcp
        wait                    = no
        user                    = root
        type                    = UNLISTED
        server                  = /usr/bin/cvs
        server_args             = -f --allow-root=/cvsroot/repository
pserver
}
Please note that --allow-root in  server_args specifies the root directory
of the cvs

3. vim /etc/xinetd.d/cvspserver
and Add the following line in this file -->
service cvspserver
{
     disable = no
     port = 2401
     socket_type = stream
     protocol = tcp
     user = root
     wait = no
     type = UNLISTED
     server = /usr/bin/cvs
     server_args = -f --allow-root=/cvsroot/repository pserver
}

4. /etc/init.d/xinetd restart

5. Run the following command
        setenforce 0

6. export CVSROOT=/cvsroot/repository

7. cd /cvsroot/repository

8. cvs init
It will create a directory called CVSROOT in /cvsroot/repository

9. Create a file named passwd in /cvsroot/repository/CVSROOT with the name
passwd and add the users whom you wish to grant permission to cvs. For eg.
in our case, we have
> cat  /cvsroot/repository/CVSROOT/passwd
yashu::cvs
guest::cvs
root::cvs
vaibhav::cvs
divick::cvs
praveenb::cvs
saurabh::cvs

10. Now, create a user with the name cvs
        useradd cvs

11. cd /cvsroot

12.  chown cvs:cvs -R repository/
        i.e give the permission of all the files to user cvs

13 Now, we can configure to fire emails when checkins are done in repository
For doing it, we need to edit /cvsroot/repository/CVSROOT/loginfo file
14. Now, our cvs repository is ready for use

15. Please edit the file /etc/selinux/config

SELINUX=disabled
i.e set SELINUS to disabled from enforcing. It is necessary

                        USEFUL INFORMATION ABOUT CVS

1. For using cvs, user needs to set the environment variable CVSROOT
        export CVSROOT=:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot/repository
where user should be present in /cvsroot/repository/CVSROOT/passwd file

2. export CVSREAD=yes
It will checkout the tree in read mode

3. cvs co name
It will checkout the "name" tree from the repository

4. cvs -H command
It is very useful. You can find help about any command using it.
For eg.
cvs -H co

5. cvs commit
It will submit the files you have edited.

6. cvs edit
It will change the file permision so that you can modify the file

7. cvs unedit
It will revert back the changes

8. cvs watchers
It will show all the files which user has edited

9. To add a tree into repository, use
cvs import -I ! DirTobeAdded vendortag releasetag

thanks,
yashu