To The Parent of this trouble :

Not Knowing much about HAL Daemon Stoppign in the middle of the boot
process.But for detailed & Further reading about Concept of HAL. You may
refer to following LINK.Maybe it is useful for you understand some
important point to catch hold of this HAL..

http://www.redhat.com/magazine/003jan05/features/hal/

Check this link out .it is really a detailed & compact view of WHAT HAL
DOES.

Neeraj Arora
WIN-LIN Solutions
(http://quantums.tk)