You can also give try to daemontools for same though you mileage may vary.
*supervise* runs the run script passed to it by *svscan* and monitors
the process the script starts so that if it dies, *supervise* restarts it.

http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs-museum/5.0-pre1/BLFS-BOOK-5.0-PRE1-HTML/basicnet/daemontools.html

Good luck
Yash