[CC'ing LIH back for completeness]

    Pankaj> Raj Mathur wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Is it possible to use Squid or Apache to act as a reverse proxy
    >> for an SSL-enabled Apache server?  Squid is currently proxying
    >> a part of the site over HTTP, while the HTTPS section is going
    >> direct.

    Pankaj> The only problem I see with reverse proxying of HTTPS is
    Pankaj> encryption.

    Pankaj> If you are OK with content going plain text between
    Pankaj> webserver and proxy, its easily solved by installing
    Pankaj> mod_ssl and a certificate on the proxy, so that the actual
    Pankaj> secure session is between the browser and the proxy, not
    Pankaj> browser and webserver.

    Pankaj> Another way could be to have a SSL between Webserver and
    Pankaj> Proxy, and a different one between Webserver and Browser.

Yeah, i was wondering if we could have Squid proxy the SSL connection
from the server to the client itself.  However it appears that that's
not possible
(http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200005/0744.html)
(URL may wrap)

It also delineates the two methods you've suggested.  I guess I'd need
to do one of those.

    Pankaj> I would think lots of people would have done this,
    Pankaj> Strangely enough, I could not locate a document to do this
    Pankaj> step by step. Be the first to document it and get 10
    Pankaj> brownie points :).

I couldn't locate the document either, which is why the list as last
resort :)  Do Not Ask On Ye Mailing List What Google Can Answer for
Ye.  Or Yahoo, for a small sub-set ;)

Regards,

-- Raju
--