> --- Sandeep Agarwal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a local mail server on domain xyz.com.
>> Sendmail configured as MTA.
>> Users are able to send mails to each other. I have
>> also configured
>> relay-domains to xyz.com so that they are able to
>> send mails to real world.
>> Local users are like [EMAIL PROTECTED] .. upto [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>
>> We also have the mail services from ISP on same
>> domain xyz.com. On ISP mail
>> server we have created same account name like
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ... upto [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>  My local mail server is fetching mail from ISP mail
>> server & delivered to
>> local user accounts by using fetchmail.
>>
>> On ISP mail server, we have created few accounts of
>> the users like
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] for mktg personals. These users are not
>> having account on my
>> local mail server. Now users want to send mail to
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] with cc to
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] . Whenever they send mails like this,
>> error comes 'user unknown'.
>>
>> I have tried smart relay host option like
>> ----------------
>> # "Smart" relay host (may be null)
>> DSxyz.com
>> ---------------
>> but not got success.
>>
>> Any workaround by which mails to [EMAIL PROTECTED] will go
>> to ISP mail server
>> account?
>>
>> Any pointer will help.
>>

>    What you are trying will NOT work. You can't tell
> your mail server that he is xyz.com and at the same
> time there is another xyz.com sitting out there
> somewhere. You should change your local domain to say
> abc.com and users can use "xyz.com" in their "From"
> address to achieve what you are trying to.
>
> Regards,
> --Naresh

If I change the local domain to abc.com & users are using FROM & TO address
of xyz.com, than all mail will go to ISP mail server. It will increase the
bandwidth traffic. (First msg will goes to ISP server & than my fetchmail
will downlaod it to delivered to local user.)
While requirement is, msg of local users of xyz.com should be deliver
locally & msg of remote users of xyz.com should be deliver at ISP mail
server.
Is this can be achieve by sendmail? Any workaround?
Regards,
Sandeep