Hi Ashish,

On 6/6/06, "आशीष शुक्ला \"Wah Java !!\"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Vikas Upadhyay wrote:
> > I see hindi in firefox (1.5.0.3 ) but the hindi *matra* are wrong (nirdesh
> > has become naridesh) and I see all *halant* (half/adha 'ka' is displayed
> > as 'ka' with halant) wherever I expect half letter in hindi. In IE 6.0 I can
> > see correct hindi.
>
> Well, that's the rendering problem, and I'm on Firefox (1.5.0.1) can see
> Devanagari text correctly rendered. Well IE 6.0, I think I've heard this name
> somewhere ;-) .
>
> Mozilla Firefox rendering Devanagari text
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/161602358/
>

> > I have set the encoding to UTF-8 in both the browsers.
>
> That's great but in order to be standards compliant, you need to set
> ISO-8859-1
> as default encoding.
Setting to ISO ISO-8859-1 made the text disappear and I could see some
alien language, not hindi.

> > Vikas
> >

> You need to update your rendering engine (Pango or FreeType2) to get properly
> rendered webpage.

No idea about rendering engine (engine type too ), googling it led me
to some sites which say it's (Pango) meant for Linux and on Windows XP
it comes builtin. Sorry, I didn't mention, I am using Windows XP
Professional.  What should I do next ?

Vikas