Original question was: How to cope up with redundant  smbmount hangups,
sync automagically if windows box gets rebooted etc.

>is the hard mount option by default? if yes then it does't seems to be
>working with smbfs beacuse when problem occurs of  hanging i just umount
>and mount again it becomes fine...
>googling & gllug  have suggests to have autofs should work ..with some
>problem at  some cases.

Just for archiving purposes:

Well answer is automounter;. Here is my auto.master and auto.smb
/etc/auto.master includes

/data/share /etc/auto.smb   --timeout=60

/etc/auto.smb includes

uploads
-fstype=smbfs,username=Administrator,password=xxx,uid=user,gid=ftpusers
://hostname/uploads

It works great, thank to all those who replied.
Cheers!
Yash