From: Aseem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 11:50:26
To:ilugd@lists.linux-delhi.org
Subject: [ilugd] Installation issues for Oracle 9i on suse10.1

Hi

I m trying to install oracle 9i (downloaded from oracle) on suse 10.1. I have
performed all the steps before running the installer like creating the user and
group and setting the display setting.

 Now after doing su - oracle
 i run the installer "/oracle/Disk1/runInstaller -ignoreSysPrereqs "

 This is what i m getting
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~> Initializing Java Virtual Machine from
/tmp/OraInstall2006-06-21_10-50-03PM/jre/bin/java. Please wait...
 Unable to load native library:
/tmp/OraInstall2006-06-21_10-50-03PM/jre/lib/i386/libjava.so:
symbol__libc_wait, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link
time reference.
 After this no message is displayed and if i press enter i m back on the prompt

 Can anyone guide on what has to be done to resolve this problem

Thanks