On 2:07:53 pm 07/04/06 "abhinav sahai" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> hi all
> i have installed  ubuntu 6.06 on my machine.
> now each time i logged onto the system after restarting, the time of
> the desktop  is changed.
> after reading the guide i changed the file /etc/default/rcS
> i changed the line containing set UTC =yes to UTC = no.

Did you also reset the system time to the correct local time? Is
the time shown on the system correct? Did you do a
"sudo /etc/init.d/hwclock.sh restart"?

> since i have done that when i try to run anything starting with
> ""sudo....  "  i get the message
> sudo: timestamp too far in the future: Jul  5 07:56:37 2006
> the time  at the end is different always..
> as a result i cannot perform any operation with superuser priveledge.
> i cannot change that file also to original
> what chould i do?

If resetting the time does not work, you can always change the root
password by booting into single user mode (edit the grub menu at
boot time, add "single" to the end of the kernel line, and boot).
This should bring up a shell prompt, at which you can use passwd
to reset the root password.

Regards,
Gora