Subject:        Re: [ilugd] Problem in installing Ubuntu 5.10 and 6.06
From:   "Sandip Bhattacharya" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date:           06-07-2006 09:23

On 06/07/06, ankush grover <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Set the init level to 3 that is NonGui mode and then try to start the
> XWindows from there by giving the command "startx".

Kubuntu/Ubuntu (perhaps like Debian) boots into run level 2 by
default, which is graphical. There is almost no difference between run
level 2 and 3.

You are perhaps confusing this with Redhat where there is a clear
distinction between runlevel 3(text) and 5(graphical).

mukul, you can perhaps try logging into runlevel 1 and seeing if that works.

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya

GPG: 51A4 6C57 4BC6 8C82 6A65 AE78 B1A1 2280 A129 0FF3