Sandip Bhattacharya wrote:

> That is strange. I thought the only way firefox checks for an instance
> running is by looking for the "lock" file in your firefox profile
> directory.

My client's home directory is mounted on NFS, so obviously firefox profile is
also available on NFS.

-- begin excerpt (from NFS FAQ "D2") --
If an open file is unlinked, an NFS client renames it to a special name that
looks like ".nfsXXXXX". This "hides" the file while it remains in use. This is
known as a "silly rename."
-- end excerpt --

> So, in this case, if you delete the .nfsxxx file, firefox runs normally?

As a client I'm unable to delete that .nfsxxx file, I've to logon to server and
then delete that file. So, it requires administrator to be always present.  I
think I should create a script for client to manually clean on server by sshing
into the server with their account, and deleting that file. But is there any
other solution for such problem.

> - Sandip

Thanks,
Ashish Shukla
--
आशीष शुक्ला alias "Wah Java !!"
http://wahjava.wordpress.com/

All that looks C00L is not necessarily validable.

                               -- Ashish Shukla "Wah Java !!"