--- abhinav sahai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 19 Jul 2006 06:18:00 -0000, Raseel Bhagat
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Wassup ppl,
> >   The following article contains 2 lists :
> > People who matter most in the World and the people who don't.
> > Interestingly, Linus Torvalds
> Who in this list cares for such type of articles, i think we know for
> ourselves what place he has in the world!!! No one needs to tell us
> that
>
> , the President of Sony and Rob Malda (who
> > gave us Slashdot) are in the latter list.

http://money.cnn.com/2006/06/21/technology/10dontmatter.biz2/index.htm

I dont think that attitude has ever helped anyone for any appreciable
amount of time. If you are doing or using something which is meant for
the common mass you have to worry about what they say. Ofcourse we do
have the saying the majority is a fool but still it is a much needed
fool.

Anyway other than that I dont think the URL was presented or commented
on in the right way. My interpretation of why they think Linus is not
needed is because Linux has caughtup with so much of a momentum that it
is running on it's own. Yes Linus does his share of coding and yes he
is guiding the developement process - but what the article says is that
there are enough people contributing to Linux and quite a few
commercial organization are getting to decide which way Linux
developement should go forward. Yes commercial organization do worry
about what will get them more money from the majority unlike some
people who would prefer to stay in their shell.

Mithun