I am trying to backup particluar type of files (*.png) from one
machine to another with recursion.

Using rsync. I have tried include / include-from / exclude /
exclude-from / file-from options but either this filters all files or
filters nothing. I also tried any interesting variation of rsync but
while the remote comand pass on works it does not do the job as
intended:
rsync -avzP -e ssh remote:`find -iname "*.png" ` /local/path

scp does not offer pattern filtering of type I am wanting, while it
filters within the current directory it does not allow recursion

Anything else that I can try?

Sudev Barar