From: Karanbir Singh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 10:51:13 +0100
Subject: Re: [ilugd] hummingbird

Raj Mathur wrote:

>     Vijay> Hi Rajnish, I am also intersted to reun Tally on RHEL 3.0.
>     Vijay> Will you tell me the procedure.
>
> I don't know Tally, but from the original poster's message it appears
> that he needs to run Tally on the Linux machine with display on the
> Winduhs box.  In the absence of an X server for Winduhs, this can be
> achieved easily using a VNC server on Linux and VNC client on Winduhs.
>
> Regards,

hey Raju,

perhaps NX is worth a look see, its not entirely in the open source
realm though - but has clients that will run in lots of places, and it
runs a lot better than vnc on slower / high latency networks.

--
Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/ : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 This Mail was Scanned for Virus and found Virus free

Andrew Lynn Ph.D
Bioinformatics Center,
School of Information Technology
Jawaharlal Nehru University