Thank you so much. This solves the problem.

But just for the record, the directory you mentioned should have been
'/etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d'. There is no directory called mkinitramfs (at
least on my system). And I did what you have suggested in
'/etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d', and it worked.

Thanks once again,

Vikas