Hi Ashish,

On 2/1/07, Ashish Shukla <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 04:57:57PM +0530, मयंक जैन (Mayank Jain) wrote:
> > You can install Remington Hindi layout using...
> >
> > 1) You can extract the latest hi-remington.mim from the devel rpm of
> > Fedora - download m17n-db-hindi-version-rpm from
> > http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/
> >
> > 2) Copy the keymap to /usr/share/m17n and restart your scim with
> > "scim-restart" or do a gdm-restart.
>
> This I've already did, but in his "SCIM Setup", the remington key map is
> not showing up. I even asked him to install "m17n" packages (which are not
> installed by default) in Ubuntu "Edgy". Though other m17n keymaps are
> showing up in the "SCIM Setup".

I'm not sure of this, but "scim-restart" is found only in Fedora &
related distro's. So he needs to make sure that his SCIM gets
restarted. All new maps, even when copied to /usr/share/m17n are
enabled by default.

So either a "pkill scim" or a machine restart should bring the new
keymap into effect. Infact, "scim-restart" script also does the same -
it kills scim.

I hope that helps :)

Makuchaku